In connection with its «Intercultural Society» initiative, Pro Helvetia launched a call for projects relating to intercultural opening at cultural institutions under the heading «Intercultural Tandem». In a last round of jury decisions, 7 projects were chosen for support.
The aim of «Intercultural Tandem » is to foster tandems consisting of cultural institutions on the one hand and experts in diversity on the other. The call for projects was addressed to subsidised Swiss cultural institutions and organisations who are keen to develop internal intercultural competencies and are willing to work with external experts to achieve this. Interested institutions were thus able to apply for a contribution towards the costs a mandated specialist or specialised organisation that has the expertise required for the development of intercultural approaches.
A jury appointed by Pro Helvetia assessed the 17 applications received.
- Anja Dirks, Managing Dramaturg, Theater Basel
- Sandrine Micossé-Aikins, Head of Diversity Arts Culture, Berlin
- Sarah Owens, member of Bla*Sh, lecturer and Head of Visual Communication, ZHdK Zurich
- Ivana Pilić, cultural practitioner and diversity consultant, Vienna
- Dorian Sari, artist, Basel and Geneva
- Lisa Pedicino, «Intercultural Society» Initiative, Pro Helvetia, chair (without voting right)
At the jury’s recommendation, Pro Helvetia awards 7 contributions:
- CHF 15,000 to Anna Göldi Museum, Ennenda
- CHF 12,000 to Association Sirocco / Black Movie Festival, Geneva
- CHF 15,000 to Gessnerallee, Zurich
- CHF 15,000 to Museum of Communication, Berne
- CHF 15,000 to TU-Théâtre de l’Usine, Geneva
- CHF 15,000 to Radio Lora, Zurich
- CHF 15,000 to Zürcher Theater Spektakel, Zurich